I’ve been on a roll the past few weeks cooking up quick-and-easy dinner recipes and I have another one to share! This one is IT – the absolute PERFECT weeknight meal. Not only is it ready in 20 minutes, but this one recipe combines both protein and veggies, so it’s a complete meal by itself…there’s no side-dish required (it’s great over rice, but that’s completely optional)! I’ve made this stir-fry recipe several times and changed up the ingredients ever so slightly based on what I had in my pantry. Gluten-free? No problem! Just use gluten-free (Tamari-style) soy sauce!
I used about ¾ of a pound of chicken breast tenderloins and cut them up into bite-sized pieces, which totally speeds up the cooking time. Since I always have frozen asparagus in my freezer, I defrosted a bunch. This recipe would also be great with any frozen veggies you have on hand. Since I didn’t have a few of the ingredients handy, I just left them out and the flavor from the sauce was still fantastic! It’s a tasty combination of sweet and salty and an overall deliciously quick and healthy meal!
¾ of a lb to 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins (or chicken breasts) cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch frozen asparagus (about 8-10 stalks), defrosted/cooked through in the microwave and cut into bite-sized pieces
90-second rice (optional)
1. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken, turning to brown.
2. While chicken is cooking, mix together soy sauce and honey in a small prep bowl and set aside.
3. When chicken is almost cooked through, add garlic and sauce to pan, mixing to coat the chicken with sauce.
4. Add asparagus pieces to pan and saute until chicken is completely cooked through and asparagus is heated through.
5. Remove from heat and serve over 90-second rice, if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from: Gimme Some Oven
Photography: Lighten Up Recipes