I love having quick and easy go-to recipes up my sleeve for busy weeknights. The very best recipes are the ones that I can memorize, and this is one of those recipes! When the hubby and I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is wait 45 minutes for dinner to be ready. This is one of our favorite weeknight meals for a few reasons:
- It only has 3 ingredients, takes less than 5 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook
- It’s the perfect ratio of sweet to tangy
- It’s salmon, therefore it’s healthy!
Of all the salmon recipes out there, this recipe is without a doubt the tastiest one I’ve found. So tasty, in fact, that the hubby doesn’t like salmon cooked any other way! The brown sugar does wondrous things in the oven (aka caramelizes) and, mixed with the mustard, it forms a deliciously sticky, sweet and tangy glaze on top of the perfectly pink, flaky salmon. You’ll never have boring, tasteless salmon again!
Be sure to defrost the salmon in the fridge overnight so that it cooks completely in 20 minutes. If you’ve tried my apricot mustard salmon, this recipe uses the same cooking method – high heat for just 20 minutes! You’ll have plenty of time to whip up a side dish while the salmon is baking. We love to have ours with quinoa or 90-second rice and a big salad or sautéed veggies. Dinner will be on the table in 25 minutes flat!
2 4-6oz pieces of salmon, defrosted
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt/pepper to taste
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place salmon pieces on prepared baking sheet, skin side down. Season with salt/pepper.
3. Mix together brown sugar and mustard in a small prep bowl until combined.
4. Top each piece of salmon with half of the brown sugar/mustard mixture.
5. Place baking sheet in a cold oven, then turn on to 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Recipe adapted from: Allrecipes.com
Photography: Lighten Up Recipes